Saturday, January 22, 2011

Paris

I've now arrived in Paris, and it is cold...
I shouldn't complain as I think it  may be warmer than when I was here in november.

Anyway, I have two weeks in Paris before heading back home to Australia, and I think I may play tourist for most of it. This is because I want to do what the Lonely Planet book says to do, they say I should visit:

1. Eiffel Tower
2. Musee D'Orsay
3. Jardin Du Luxembourg
4. Markets
5. Mosquee De Paris
6. Shakespeare & Company
7. Ile St-Louis
8. The Louvre
9. Promenade Plantee
10. Cimetiere Du Pere Lachaise
11. Canel St-Martin
12. Sacre Coeur

OK, Lonely Planet I accept your challenge!! Although I also may add visit a cinema.

1 comment:

  1. um excuse me. i think my suggestions were rawther superior. here they are again, in case you forgot.

    -- You could take a free tour of the Fragonard perfume museum

    -- Go and hear the nuns sing at Sacre Coeur on Sunday nights at 9 (maybe 9.30??)

    --- Best fancy shops, most likely places to run into Blair Waldorf and her gay dads: Avenue Montaigne and Rue du Faubourg St-Honoré

    -- Canal St. Martin - apparently where all the hipsters are. not far from gare de l'est metro stop.

    -- Catacombs (scary, but i've been dying to go...bahaha)

    --you could sail a toy boat in the jardins de luxembourg

    --go to the flea markets (watch your bag!!)

    ReplyDelete