Sunday, July 24, 2011

so long dear friend


The boy who lived is gone.

We spent many years together. He took me on adventures and introduced me to his friends. I shall always remember the time we shared, whether it be the trips to Diagon Alley or the laughs we had over a hot butterbeer.

Ah the fun we had hiding from Filch and Mrs Noris during late night shenanigans, lucky we had that invisibility cloak and Marauder's Map sure helped too!

Harry Potter and the deathly hallows - Part Two was always going to be a tricky one. How do you say goodbye to a friend, one you have grown up with and invested so much in? Will anything live up to the standards of your imagination?

When I read the final book for the first time, I remember being satisfied yet ever so slightly disappointed and unfortunately I experienced a similar feeling with Part Two.  Don't get me wrong the film was great, as a potter nut it didn't disappoint, however there was just something... missing!

I can't put my finger on it...

Actually I can, it was that bloody epilogue.

Not only was it completely unnecessary for anyone with an imagination but I am now seriously concerned about what we will be wearing in 19 years time. It appears that the fashion world is about to be highly influenced by mid nineties fashion. Fantastic.

Errrr. I think I need to see it again before I make my final assessments.

I think Neville's beautiful face would be reason enough.

Oh yeah!!



No comments:

Post a Comment